Sunday, May 18, 2008

First post!

Hello to everyone in the tatting blog world! After snooping around at other blogs and seeing how friendly and supportive you all are, I decided to join. I had no idea the tatting community was so connected until I stumbled upon the 25 Motif Challenge and Jane Eborall's herd of hippos.
I learned to tat a few years ago when I found a five-week class listed in the class schedule at Joann Etc. It looked interesting to me because I was bored and wanted something new to do. I loved it, and tinkered around for a while. Life's little upheavals led me to put down the shuttles and crochet hooks for a couple years until this past winter when I decided to dive back into tatting head first. That's when I realized that I love tatting so much more than any other needle or lace making craft.
So here I am, hoping to make new friends with you all and to show a few pics of my stuff:
This is a little motif tatting in Star #70. I can't remember where the pattern came from though.


















This fan is one of my favorite patterns to do. It was also one of the first things I made when I learned to tat. It's made of DMC pearl cotton #8:





















And last but not least, a little heart that is my first attempt at tatting on a button. I missed one ring on the second buttonhole, so I left off one ring on the third hole so it would be even. It still came out quite nice. I did this one with Flora #50:


6 comments:

  1. Welcome WELCOME stephanie! It is so great to have you! Your tatting is GORGEOUS! I look forward to seeing more of your work and learning about you!

    Cheers,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to tatting BLogger Land, Stephanie. WOW! What a first post this is!! Beautiful! Gorgeous! Wonderful tatting...I love it. Yes, everyone is very supportive and as proof of it when I started my blog less than 2 months ago I had three blog posts with no photos of tatting on it and everyone was still wonderfully welcoming toward me. Just so ya know, we do LOVE pattern references around here, but take that as a compliment, because that means your tatting looks so yummy that we all want to tat it, TOO!!
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi And a heartfelt welcome to the ring! You have such wonderful neat things that I can't wait to see some more of what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you for the warm welcome everyone and the compliments make me just swoon! Im looking forward to becoming friends with you all. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you joined the ring! I'm addicted to reading other tatters' blogs, and I love reading the comments as well. Your tatting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogland of tatters. Your work really looks good, tatters love to drool so you just keep posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete