Saturday, May 24, 2008

The weekend, finally

What a crappy week! My co-workers are the laziest bunch of slobs I have ever had to deal with in my life. They really know how to push my patience to the limit. I'm so glad it's a three-day weekend. Not much in the way for plans except some BBQ-ing, planting my flower boxes, tatting (of course), and watching the Stanley Cup Finals. My beloved Detroit Red Wings are there once again about to do battle against those flightless little birds known as the Pittsburgh Penguins. (That's hockey for those of you who don't follow sports!)

Anyhow enough of that, I started Jane's TIAS. Hahahaha! Now that was fun. A lefty tatting right handed and trying to use the right hand to string the beads on the split ring. Just as I thought it would, it took three tries before I was successful. The only beads I had on hand were clear so they don't show up very well, but I just HAD to do it right now. The five minute drive to the craft store would have killed me, ya know. Those coilless safety pins I bought for a you-never-know-when-you-might-need-them situation came in handy! Still need to decide on a third thread color. Something tells me I better do that quick.

I also have been working on a doily designed by Teri Dusenbury. It's called Vanishing Hearts. If all goes well, I'll have it done by tomorrow. I hope. You can find the link on her blog . She has the most beautiful and creative designs. Who'd have thought to make the negative space between rows look like a heart? I love it.Ugh. Look at that wrinkly pillowcase. On second thought, don't!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun doing the TIAS. I love your hearts you are tatting. Teri Dusenbury does have some beautiful designs, doesn't she. Especially hearts. She certainly is good at making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your week was so terrible. Hopefully next week will be better.

    Your tatting is beautiful! What wrinkles? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your co-workers!
    Good on ya for doing the TIAS and Teri is a fabulous designer isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this? I never did finish the original. This makes me very happy! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Teri, and thank YOU for creating such beautiful patterns!

    ReplyDelete