Monday, June 16, 2008

Aaaachoo!

A cold. In the summer. I hate it. I'd much prefer them to come in the winter when I can hide under a blanket and block out the world. But no, the slimy little virus has to hit when it's nice and I want to do nothing more than sit on the balcony, drink some ice tea, tat or read a book. OK, enough of that.

Since I was laid up all weekend being ill, I tatted up the Tat-A-long pretty doily started by Melissa and TattingChic on eTatters. It's not blocked and I'm sure there are some mistakes, but it is a pretty doily and it was easy! My fever ravaged brain couldn't have handled anything more.

After doing this, I remembered why I stay away from perle cotton. It's a pain in the butt to work with and the stitches don't lay as nice and straight as they would with 6-cord. It's enough to give me gray hair, I'm tellin' ya.

Tatted with Finca No. 12 in color #4379.

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are feeling ill! Me too and being sick sucks!
    Your color choice for this doily is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been a pain to tat with perle cotton, but it's beautiful! Congratulations on finishing such a lovely piece! I'm still cleaning my sewing room! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you caught the cold. I hope you'll get better soon.
    Your doily looks good to me. I have never used perle cotton for tatting before so I can't really comment on that. I always prefer 6-cord cotton anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been ill, but you still did an awesome job on your doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I love your color choice and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BLESS YOU!!!
    Sorry you're not feeling well, get better, soon! Steph, that is absolutely gorgeous!
    Perle cotton and all! yeah, perle cotton is a pain in the butt, but I like the sheen it has in the light. I hope you uploaded that beauty onto the Tat-along page at eTatters, too so it can inspire those that are still tatting it!
    I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! Yours is just beautiful! You've got just the right size on those picots, and the triple chains are done to perfection. Almost makes me want to try...again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I'm feeling much better today. The color I used is one of my favorite colors. I think that's why I bought a ball of it in the first place.
    Marty, this is my second time around with this doily! I couldn't get the long chains right the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely, Finca is not very forgiving but it has such nice colors. Not all perle cottons are difficult to handle. Opera makes a very nice perle cotton that tats up beautifully but their color range sucks.

    ReplyDelete