Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm back!

Hello everyone! Long time, no blog. I needed time to refresh my hands. Besides tatting, I also like to crochet. A co-worker of mine asked if I could make a christening set for her newest grandchild. Thinking that said grandchild wasn't making her debut in the very near future, I said, "Sure, I'll make one for you." At which time she said, "The christening is Saturday, June 21." What?! That gives me a whole six days to get this thing done. Oh crap. With such a short amount of time, I wasn't going to do a very fancy one, I told her. She had no problem with that and we agreed on a price. I delivered, she and her daughter were extremely pleased, but my hands hated me. I think they still do! The baby is just an teeny little thing, so the gown is a short one in size 0-6 months.Without furher delay, here is the object of all my pain and suffering:

Gown



Cap and Booties



Even though I wasn't up to tatting, I was up to shopping! I have lots to show, but the camera needs batteries so I'll have more to show later. I purchased some of Marilee's 'Summer Trail' and Sherry's 'Marina'. Out in the northern rural part of Macomb County, the local governments have been turning old abandoned railroad tracks into hiking/biking trails. The program is called 'Rails to Trails'. I absolutely love to go out there and walk them in the summer. Lots of small creeks and wildlife, it's very peaceful. I love it and can't get enough.Well, the first time I saw Marilee's 'Summer Trail', I had to have it. I could just smell all of the wildflowers on the trails.

Last night, I felt up to tatting some. So here is one of my favorite patterns. It's a fan that makes a great bookmark. I've made it many times for gifts. I lost the original, so I just went by memory. Tatted with 'Summer Trail', size 40.

7 comments:

  1. The christening set is beautiful! My hands would be hurting too, and I know I never could have finished this set in 6 days! I love to crochet, but I stick mainly to thread crochet doilies.

    I love the bookmark! Good to read your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. The worst part was sewing on all the ribbon roses. I think I stabbed myself at least twice for each rose. It's good to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely christening set! I can't believe you did that in 6 days, you must be WonderWoman! And your bookmark is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, for something "not very fancy" that christening set is absolutely gorgeous! What do your fancy ones look like? Man, those are absolutely beautiful. That rails to trails program sounds so cool! I love to go walking at places like that or hiking (even better).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Bonnie and TC. TC, a fancy one would have been one that was made up of separate motifs or an Irish crochet pattern. I just like to collect christening gown patterns. I suppose it's for the challenge. This one was a simple shell stitch pattern done in one piece. Trust me, my hands still do not like me right now. As far as the fan, I'm going to write out the pattern tonight and post it on eTatters tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh for stink's sake that outfit is soooo cute! Great job...and lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! what a lot of work for such a short amount of time! Your poor hands alright.... and what a beautiful job you did!

    ReplyDelete