Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just a bit of blabber....

Haven't been doing too much of anything lately. I realized I needed to take a break for a bit because I have been overdoing it. The few projects I did attempt ended up irretrievably tangled, destined for the trash bin.

Part of my problem has been worrying too much about the things I can't control, like gas prices or GM teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. Being that I work in the automotive industry and live in a State with an 8.5% unemployment rate (which I may soon be a part of) makes it hard to ignore what is happening. Thus, my anxiety ends up being taken out on defenseless tatting shuttles, crochet hooks and thread.

But, I can't sit for too long without having something for my hands to do, so I started a new project yesterday. It was back to another of Iris' doilies, 'Milena'.
Here is my progress so far, worked in LadyShuttleMaker's 'Marina', size 80:



The colors are not really that harsh, it's my scanner that makes them look that way. I really love this colorway. Once I get my tatting allowance built back up, I will be buying more from her and a few other colors, too.

I also got Jon's book of snowflakes on Tuesday. Oooh, I love them! I even went out and bought a few different types of beads to work them with. The patterns will lend themselves well to the beads, as I've seen from Tattycat's posts lately. Well, enough for now. I am going to sit on the balcony and enjoy the evening breeze now that the temperatures are down to a tolerable degree. It's been in the 90's the past few days. Even though I'm complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I love Iris's designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I'll keep you in my prayers that you won't become part of the unemployed.

    Your doily is coming along just beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my that is superb especially the colours. Is that one difficult.

    I am on my second Eleanor thanks to some help from the scan of your one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's just stunnning! The colors are working so well with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! This one has turned me into a pro at opening closed rings. I must have retrotatted 1/4 of this thing and I'm only half finished.

    Pamela, I'm glad my Eleonora has helped you with yours. I think once I finish Milena, I'm going to frame them both.

    ReplyDelete