Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Orange Creamsicle

I'm still into tatting doilies lately, even though I go really s-l-o-w. I came across this one in an old Workbasket, August '63. What really caught my eye about this one is the medallions that make up the outermost round. It went fairly quickly, even though there are a few quirky joins in the final round. All went well until I ran out of thread with two medallions to go. Arrgh! But, I am posting a pic anyway. Time for a Handy Hands shopping spree...

I used an Olympus thread in size 40 that reminds me of orange creamsicles, one of my favorite frozen treats.

8 comments:

  1. I really hate when the thread runs out on me. The doily is looking good. I hope you'll get the new thread soon and will be able to finish this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Steph, this is GORGEOUS! I love creamsicle too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I can't believe I ran out of thread. How annoying. More reason for a shopping spree now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Steph. Shame you ran out of thread. I hope you can match it. Creamsicles are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty doily. I hope you can find some matching thread to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered the thread from Handy Hands and should be getting it early next week. It's one of the variegated Olympus threads, so of course I had to get variegateds in pink, blue, yellow, green, and purple, and a multicolored too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty, Steph! I'm going to have to dig up that issue of Workbasket and take another look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like creamsicles! How sad that you have to shop for more thread... my order should be arriving today!

    ReplyDelete