Monday, September 8, 2008

Good morning!

Hello everyone! I had to take a break for a bit because my wrists have been bothering me lately. Not on the underside, but on top, especially my pinky and ring fingers of my left hand. I know it's because I have a tendency to push myself to finish something instead of taking a break when feeling fatigued or sore. I'm also a lefthanded person who crochets and tats righthanded, which makes one of my crochet pals think is the culprit. I think not. It's probably more that I will tat, crochet, and/or cross stitch from sunup to sundown if I have nothing better to do. So I don't end up with a more severe injury, I decided I have to limit myself to 45 minutes of tatting, etc a day.

Yesterday I picked up a shuttle for the first time in two weeks. I tatted for about thirty minutes and was pain free, so that's a good thing. With TIAS #4 starting in a few days, I wanted to be able to get back into the swing of things. I've been going crazy not knowing what to do with my hands! Good thing I love to read and eat chocolate. That took my mind off my self-imposed tatting exile.

I've been catching up on everyone's blogs and will be commenting soon. Miss you all!

4 comments:

  1. Take care of your wrists... I suffer from the same malady... just can't stop when I get in the groove! I hope you're able to tat again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I have read other blogs who has undergone surgery on the wrist, shoulder, etc. and its scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Diane! Self control, how I miss thee.

    Oh very scary, Zarina, that's why I decided to slow down. I hope to never get to the point where surgery is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great that you are setting limits with yourself to prevent an injury. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete