Sunday, November 30, 2008

A bit o' Christmas spirit

I've been working on some ornaments in assorted shapes and thread sizes. I'm going to get a small white tabletop tree to put hang them on. They'd get lost on my big tree and I want them to be seen! There was no way I was going to try to brave the crowds this weekend. I won't get on the soap box, so I'll just say this: People tend forget that we're supposed to be a civilized race. The few bucks I'd have saved isn't really worth the risk. Black Friday, bah!

On to the happier stuff... The little tourmaline basket is a Rosemarie Peel pattern tatted in size 40. I whipped up the little holly motif out of size 80 and a few red beads to give it a Christmas-y feel.

The candy cane is from Pam Palmer's Tatting Treats Two. I think I used Cebelia size 30.

And the little bell(my favorite!) is from tattrlady, aka Wanda's Knotty Thoughts. The thread is size 80 'Country Christmas' from LadyShuttleMaker's shop. The color was originally a special order for LaceLovin' Librarian. Thanks, Diane! At the time, I was in the mood to play with bead, so I added a teardrop aurora borealis bead in the center and a faceted bead on the clapper to jazz it up a bit. Just click on the picture to see it larger than life. :)




More on the way either later today or tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. I did click on the photo for a better view. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Stephanie! I like the bead you added on the bell. The little heart basket is one of my favorite heart patterns. I hope you show us what the ornaments look like on the little white tree once you get it. I know what you mean about the crowds at Christmastime. People get so nasty, ironically! They really seem to forget the time of year it is; "goodwill to all mankind", LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tatting Steph and they are so different from the norm. I especially like the basket, it looks wonderful in that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. They were enjoyable to tat, especially the basket. It was interesting to see the chains turn to squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bell is on my to-do list and I LOVE the basket. I've seen it before but this thread makes it so seasonal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so sweet Steph! I love them. You did a great job. I can't wait to see your little tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice post....I needed a little Christmas Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Christmas things you've been making. And the bell looks great! I like the "jewels", I wish I would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete