Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celtic Snowflakes

Clyde kindly posted the link to the pattern for Ruth Perry's Celtic Snowflake the other day. Being a glutton for punishment (I've only tried Celtic tatting once), I gave it a try. Beautiful. Ruth's instructions are clear as a bell and the only problem I had was joining in the wrong place a few times. I had a lot of fun with it.

Ta da!!



The smaller snowflake was tatted in Lady Shuttlemaker's "Icicle", size 80, and the larger one is tatted with Yarnplayer's "Snowflake", size 20.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely snowflakes! They are absolutely beautiful. How fun to do them in our major HDT dealer's "cool" (so cool their COLD; icicle and snowflake, hee hee hee) HDT colorways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Agreed, TattingChic. I was thinking pretty much the same thing as I was writing this blog. Thanks for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both gorgeous Steph! It's funny but I just finished a new batch of "Icicle" this morning...this time I have some in silk....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowflakes look great. You did an awesome job on them. As TattingChic said they look good in the "cool" HDT colourways. I'm going to have to try the snowflake again in HDT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a wow, have to try that pattern.Everything you do is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful as usual Steph. I must try this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! You are all too kind. I'll be making more of these, that's for sure.

    Sherry, one of these days I will break down and buy some of your silk HDT and one of your shuttles. I really do love how the thread really does remind a person of an icicle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the snowflake patterns I like best, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, singtatter. It's a lot of fun to tat this snowflake, too. I've already made a whole 50-yard skein's worth of them.

    ReplyDelete