Friday, November 28, 2008

An interesting eBay find

Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am an eBay addict. Not a week goes by, that I don't buy something. Usually, it's something under $10 including postage. I just can't help myself!

Anyhow, as I was on my daily eBay jaunt I came across an interesting tatting related item. "Hmmm", I thought to myself... "it's only $2.75, $7.00 with shipping included." Bid! Won!!



Look at that! The original ball of thread and ribbon is still unused.




But what makes this such an interesting find? This...



Yep, it's a Lael Morgan shuttle. For $2.75, plus shipping and handling I couldn't resist. I'd probably be kicking myself forever if I didn't at least try to win the item. The day after I bid on this one, I came across another kit for $4.95, but the snowflakes are 3-D. So, of course I bid on that one and won, too! So I am now the proud owner of two Lael shuttles. It will be interesting to tat with this type of shuttle. I think I could make some lovely motifs in yarn with them. Teri Dusenbury wrote an interesting post about Lael Morgan back in September. If you don't read Teri's blog, you should. Lots of good stuff and very informative.

6 comments:

  1. I have one of those shuttles too! I picked it up at an 2nd hand store years ago, right after I started tatting and I wasn't really sure it was even a shuttle. The label didn't say anything but the price. Once I found out what it was, I was delighted! You got a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo-hoo! You hit the eBay mother-load! I wish I could remember how much I paid for mine but that was about 15 years ago.

    This type of shuttle is basically a collector's item and next to impossible to tat with as the thread will not stay wound upon the shuttle.

    I am doing a happy dance for you as it is your lucky Lael Morgan Shuttle day and now you too can ward bears off with a shuttle in each hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lucky find! You are so fortunate to have such a cool shuttle and it's nice to know it found the right home! :) I'd love to find something like that. Maybe I should spend a little more time on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful shuttle and you got two to boot. Don't you just LOVE those lucky finds!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny I have the same print out but mine came with a LoLo shuttle same style but the word LoLo on it.
    Congratualations

    ReplyDelete