Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A few more...

I'm just loving everyone's blogs more and more! The Christmas-y things you are all doing is beginning to put me in the Christmas spirit, which is sorely lacking this year. Not that I haven't been trying to feel it. I guess it's just all the bad things we get bombarded with are taking its toll. 2008 has been a horrible year and I can't wait until its over. 2009 has just got to be better.

Some random Xmas-y things...




The sleigh is Pam Palmer's and tatted in Pizzazz. It's not complete yet. Santa and some gifts need to be added and the whole thing framed as it'll be too big to hang on a tree. The teeny snowflakes came from the need to empty some shuttles. The patterns came from Oh! My Stars, DMC Tatting For Today, and Blomqvist and Persson's Tatting Patterns and Designs.

Snowmen! I love them so. A pattern from Deb Arnold from DS9 Designs. The backdrop for these is a snowcovered barn cross stitched on 32-count raw linen. If you look closely, you can see that some of the details are actually ceramic buttons from Mill Hill. I intend to get this framed, but it gets forgotten about and put back in the drawer. Now that it's out, I'll take it to Michaels for framing. Good thing for that 40% off coupon.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love that 40% off coupon from Michael's Framing! I can't wait to see what your holiday stitching looks like framed! Wow, you've got a lot of tatting done! I know exactly what you mean about 2008 being a yucky year and wanting it to end as soon as possible! I hear you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Christmas'y things. They look so good on the linen, the barn is great! And we'll all pray for a great year next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I hope 2009 is better too!

    Keep up the great tatting...I am really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete