Sunday, December 14, 2008

11 days to go! EDITED to add poinsettia pattern

Happy Sunday! Well, there won't be a tree for the tatted ornaments this year. I decided to give each of my coworkers an ornament for Christmas, which leaves me with about twelve ornaments out of approximately sixty-five. That would be one sad little tree and there is no way I'd get enough done before Xmas to make it look full -- not that I won't try!

So as I start over, here are two to add to next year's tree:


The camel was tatted in Finca size 16 and I just noticed I forgot to add fringe to the bottom of his fancy saddle. The poinsettia is tatted in size 80 DMC, green and variegated reds. This one gave me fits because I had such a hard time joining them together with the yellow. I ended up missing a red petal, so don't look too closely at the center. It's not right, but I think I can come up with a way to hide it.

Both ornaments are by Dolly Hollander, but I can't give you the URL to find them because I ain't sharing. Just kidding! Actually, I do believe I got them from the old Round Robins site that was run by Maus. I must have saved close to sixty patterns before the site was dismantled. It was definitely my favorite place to get patterns from. This was in the days when tatting was still new to me and I had no idea of all the websites dedicated to the craft.


LOOKY HERE--------> Poinsettia pattern


:)

8 comments:

  1. How did you like tatting with the Finca, Steph? I just got some Finca threads at the Lace day early november. I haven't had a chance to tat with them yet. I got some in size 16, too! Your latest Christmas tatting projects look like you did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic camel and the nicest poinsettia I've ever seen. Lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both, but the camel is especially nice! 65!? Wow! You're right up there with Tattycat! I might catch up in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a very generous co-worker! They are very lucky to have you. I love the camel and have the pattern for him. Is there anyway that you know of to get the pattern for the poinsettia? I, like Jane, think it is the best I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    TattingChic, I like Finca thread, even though I am not a big fan of perle cotton. The size 16 is nice and smooth, not 'bumpy' like other perle cotton. The only drawback I think it has it the tendency to get fuzzy if you need to retrotat.

    Jane, I was thinking of you when I was joining all those beads to the saddle, you bead-lover, you! I'm going to re-tat him because I think I can do better.

    Diane, it wasn't really hard to do. They just seem to pile up quickly, and I'm sure you have just as many, if not more.

    Tattycat, thank you! My co-workers really appreciated them. I might even have a student after the holidays. I'm going to add the poinsettia pattern to the bottom of my blog post. I just have to scan it. Stand by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks Steph. I'd love to tat that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of them. Whoever that are getting your gifts are very lucky people.

    ReplyDelete