Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lunch and 'Cluny Love'

I thought I'd be in the mood to go out shopping today, until I saw all the crazy people at the stores and said, 'Forget it.' Instead, a friend and I had lunch at an Irish pub and watched the Detroit Lions go down in history as the first NFL team to go 0-16. Yay for the home team! Ha! Well, at least the food was good. Corned beef on rye, thick sliced steak fries, cole slaw, and ice cream for dessert.

When I got home, I practiced some more clunies, then attempted Sherry's 'Cluny Love' butterfly. Not great, but not too bad either. I feel a sense of accomplishment because even though they're not the prettiest clunies, I was at least able to do them. I've now completed every butterfly in Sherry's book, The Exquisite Collection of Tatted Butterflies. I don't think I've ever done every pattern in a book before, tatted or crochet. This is a first!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for practising the clunies! They turned out nice. It is really something to be proud of; learning how to weave a cluny leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Steph! It looks awesome!
    As far as I know you are the first person to do this pattern apart from myself. I think many are intimidated because of the clunies but it isn't that difficult is it.

    Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tatting Chic. I am proud.

    Sherry, many thanks! You're right. It's not that hard! It just takes patience -- lots of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a great feeling to have tatted every pattern in a book. Your clunies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Steph! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete