Monday, December 15, 2008

Mail call!

Ooooh, looky what the mailman brought today!

Some luscious HDT from Sherry, I just had to grab that 'Dark Chocolate'. Mmmmm...chocolate. There's also 'Holly Jolly Christmas', 'Valentine', and 'Chocoween'. Above them are two gorgeous little needle minders from Nordic Needle. I couldn't decide between the dragonflies or the lily of the valley, so I got them both!



From Zigzag Corner came some books, Tatting by Myra Piper, Tatted Ornaments and Decorations by Helen Chesno, and Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman. Searching around on Etsy.com, I found Mark Myers book, Tatted Gathering of Angels for five dollars. Had to get that one, too.


Myra Piper's book is definitely my favorite of the bunch. After seeing some of the motifs Tatting Goddess has tatted from it, I just had to get it. So thanks to her for a great recommendation!

Also, I got a nice big package this past weekend of HDT from Yarnplayer. If you haven't bought some of her 'Pansy', you are missing out. Here's a little sample of it tatted up, 'Heart's Desire' by Sue K. Fuller.



I know I've said before that some of her other colorway were my favorites, but this one definitely takes the cake. I have some big plans for this colorway after Christmas. Thanks, Marilee!

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! It looks like you have plenty to keep you busy through the cold wintry months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty. You will have lots to do. I have to go check out that Holly Jolly Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh..one of my favorite patterns and this thread is one I would definitely buy if I were buying HDT's. I see you got Myra's book too...well worth it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely something to keep me busy this winter. I am not a fan of cold weather, but I can't bear the thought of moving out of Michigan, so I just have to deal with it...by tatting!

    Gina, what a great book! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! What fun! The winter will surely go by quickly with so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Pansy" heart is very pretty! Will be fun to see what else you make with all that HDT and that great collection of patterns!

    ReplyDelete