Thursday, January 1, 2009

25 Motif Challenge

Well, I've decided to jump into the 25 Motif Challenge this year. I'll start with something easy -- 25 animals in size 80 thread. I'm ready for it. I'm pretty sure I'll do more than one challenge, too. The reason I didn't jump in last year was because I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that many. At the time, twenty-five motifs seemed like a lot of tatting, but now I see it really isn't. So without further adieu, I give you Motif #1, Jane's Giraffe. He was tatted with Star Tatting Cotton, color 158.



It's only fitting that a giraffe would be the first, as they're my favorite four-legged critter.

9 comments:

  1. Wooo Hoooo! Here's to starting the 25 motif challenge on January 1st! I'll drink a swig of Diet Coke to that! LOL! :) I'm gonna do snowflakes in 80, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, and I'll drink a diet Mountain Dew to your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start. I am going to enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! The challenge is a great excuse to try new patterns or make your favorites again. The giraffe looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 25 animals is a great goal! You'll have a fantastic zoo when you're all finished. The giraffe is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous start! How big is he in size 80?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all!

    Gina, he's not quite 3 1/2 inches high.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is just too cute!! I too have started but am not showing yet LOL
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that thread. Thanks for using my pattern!

    ReplyDelete