Sunday, January 18, 2009

Afghan progress and Motif #4

The baby afghan is coming along. I have 12 rows left to crochet. I have to admit, it's adorable. A pic will go up once I'm finished. The deathly cold temperatures finally broke and another four inches of snow have fallen. It's a sultry 23 degrees here today and the icicles have been falling off the eaves with deafening crashes all day today. I've had enough. Please there be an early spring!

I had to put the crochet aside so I could do another motif for the challenge. Meet Seaweed the Seahorse. He was tatted with Lady Shuttlemaker's 'Seaweed'(quite fitting, don't you think?) HDT in size 80, which makes him about 3-1/2" high and 1-1/4" wide.



You can find the pattern at the DS9designs website. For those who are not familiar with that site,Deb has some great patterns for free and for sale. She also sells beads, King Tut and Valdani threads, and some beautiful tatting bags.

7 comments:

  1. He's adorable, and he's in the perfect color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! Seaweed is very cute! He looks great in Lady Shuttle Maker's Seaweed HDT! I love Deb's site, too! I've ordered Valdani threads and kits and beads from her and I've not been disappointed. Hope the snow and ice falling off the roof isn't too nerve wracking for you! Hurry SPRING! Just for you! :)

    Happy Tatting and crocheting! Can't wait to see the adorable afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seahorse. And I relate to your snow. We had an additional 7 inches up my way but not as cold as your temps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 23 degrees? Whoah...you are having a heat wave LOL!
    I love seahorses!! Have you ever tatted Jane E's seahorse? (free on her patterns page) It would be a great match to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the seahorse. Yes, the thread is perfect. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to give him a try some time. Hope the afghan is going well.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. The seahorse looks lovely in this thread.

    ReplyDelete