Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy weekend

It snowed and snowed and snowed all day Saturday. Days like that are usually my favorite for tatting, but not yesterday. I was content to read all day. There probably won't be too much tatting in the near future. I'm about to begin crocheting a baby afghan for a baby due who is due to make her entrance into the world in a few weeks. I have approximately 200 pattern books to go through and tubs of yarn to use. This Sunday will probably be spent trying to match a pattern to something in the tubs. I seriously need to destash, but it's so hard to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. The one piece of tatting I did get it is Motif #3, Inga Madsen's Elephant, possibly one of the world's smallest. He's only 2-1/4" high, 2-3/4" wide.

7 comments:

  1. I love Inga's patterns. Specially the animal ones. Yours looks lovely. Don't spend too long away from tatting - we'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are going to be busy! Glad you were able to get some tatting in. Your elephant is cute. I look forward to seeing the blanket you crochet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elephant. What size thread did you use to make it so small? Good luck with the baby afghan but don't be done for long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!

    Tattycat, I used size 80 for Mr. Elephant. My challenge is to do all of my animals in that size.

    I definitely won't be disappearing from Tatland, but the tatting will be taking a backseat for a few weeks. In between crocheting, I think I'll use the time to finish some tatting UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little Elephant! ....just make sure you come back to us after your crocheting hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your elephant is lovely, especially in 80 he must look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your elephant he is so cute. Good luck with you crochet piece!!!!

    ReplyDelete