Sunday, January 4, 2009

'Royal Diadem'

This was a fun one! It came together fairly quickly over a span of three days. My one big 'OOPS!' came on Round 6. I missed one of the small rings that join the Dimpled Yorkie ( the last one in the round, too!), but I didn't notice it until I was finishing Round 7. Too late now. It still came out beautifully, I think.

Before I did the Yorkie Dimples on Round 6, I practiced them using leftover thread on a shuttle that needed to be emptied. This was tatted using Yarnplayer's 'Pansy' in size 50. I love this thread! I didn't think to measure how much thread I used, but I can tell you all that I wound two SewMate Shuttles with 350 wraps -- twice. One shuttle had about 15 wraps and the other had 5 when I finished. The finished doily is 8-1/2" across.

The Inner Doily



The Finished Doily

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! You did a fabulous job! It looks like a very interesting pattern to tat. I'm waiting for some custom dyed silk to get done so I can tat this in just the right color for my livingroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, this is beautiful! I love the Pansy colorway. I have the pattern. What's stopping me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you tatted it so quickly! You did a beautiful job on a lovely design with lovely thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. Your comments mean a lot to me.

    TattingChic, the silk thread is going to be a beauty. Can't wait to see it.

    Diane, what are you waiting for? Just practice your Yorkie dimples first if you decide to use that technique for the dimpled rings.

    Tattycat, the inner doily worked up so fast that I was done in no time. It was the outer section that took a long time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful!! I cant wait until I can get that pattern its BEAUTIFUL!!
    Great work!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza's Steph! You DID tat this up quickly and WELL DONE girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sherry! You did a great job designing it and the diagramming was a snap to memorize. I'm going to make another one and give the pair to my mom. She is a lover of pansies like I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful job! Your mom is a lucky lady to be getting one of these. Just wondering, was the 200 yards enough for one, or two of these lovely "Royal Diadems"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilee, I'm working on the second 'Royal Diadem' now. It looks like the 200 will be enough. I'll let you know when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What book is teh pattern in it is very intresting

    ReplyDelete