Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ebay owns my soul

Happy Saturday! Now that the winter semester is done and I feel good as new, I'm finally getting some tatting done. I've been meaning to post all week, but I got caught up in reading everyone else's blogs that I forgot. There's just so many of them now it boggles my mind.

I'd like to show you all some goodies I found on eBay! Tatting related items have become very hot. The pickings are not as good as they used to be and when I do find something, there's usually a pretty active bidding war for if. I am such an addict it's not even funny -- more like pathetic. The mailman hates me. He doesn't even bother hiding it. He just throws the packages at my door and walks away. I'm pretty sure it makes his day when he hits the door just right and knocks the wreath down. Jerk.

Anyhow, here is a shuttle carved from bog wood inlaid with malachite. It's so pretty I think I may just get a shadow box and display it.


I found this book for $2.00. When Cluny fever strikes again, I'll be ready. The illustrations are not too clear, but since it was so cheap I can't complain.


The crown jewel of my latest eBay finds! It's Ben Fikkert's Floriade. Beautiful, beautiful patterns. I've been wanting this one ever since I saw a very colorful doily on Celtic Dream Weaver's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your find! I would love to get a hold of another Ben Fikkert book. I believe all of his early books are now out of print.

    I know what you are going through with your mailman. I'm sure mine don't like me either; especially since I'm often not home when they try to deliver and have to take the packages back with them. They rarely leave them at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful eBay finds! It can be addictive. I've learned to place my bid, then leave it alone... I know I could easily get in a lot of trouble! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely prizes you have. That shuttle is gorgeous! I'm sure you will enjoy them all. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! I love the title of yout blogpost! It is very funny and I can totally relate! Your new shuttle looks very cool, what a fabulous find! I have the cluny book, too! What a great find with that Ben Fikkert book! I only have one of his and hope to get all of them as his patterns are exquisite! Have fun tatting with all of your new toys!

    ReplyDelete