Monday, March 30, 2009

Gerbera daisies

...in a vase.



In a doily!



As you can see, it's too big to fit the scanner bed. I found the pattern online somewhere. Originally it was done in blue and white, but I just had to jazz it up. If you couldn't tell, yes, I think it looks like gerbera daisies. It was a marathon tatting session. I worked on it all day today (Sunday), and my hands will make me pay for it so I doubt I'll have any goodies to show for the next week or so. I used the Turkish Altin Basak threads in size 50, which is similar to size 30. It's approximately 12" across. It was my way to bring some spring into a dreary snowy day!

Edited to add a crappy pic of the entire doily....

10 comments:

  1. WOW, I just LOVE those colours. Well done on your choices - on colours, doily pattern etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doiley is lovely in both scans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Steph! What a great way to usher in Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you mean you tatted the doily in a day ?!? It sure is a cheerful peice on any table, nice job done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous! You are one fast tatter! I was pleased to finish two little motifs in one day, but you made an entire doily! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I didn't mean to do the whole thing in one day, but it is a simple pattern and it went by quickly. Yesterday was so dreary that I didn't even think about leaving home for anything. I just sat and tatted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! You tatted this all in one day? Good for you!!! It is a beautiful doily and the colors are fabulous! So Springy!!

    I wish Spring would arrive here. Here in PA we had snow flurries this morning. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doily is absolutely beautiful! I love how you introduced it with the photo of pink Gerbera Daisies! Just perfect! Where did you find that darling pattern? It's so pretty!

    I've had days like that, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some tatting marathon, the result is absolutley stunning, thanks for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your doily! Your color choices really set it off. Great job - and thank you for the link to the pattern. It is going on my to do list!!

    ReplyDelete