Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello all!

Long time, no blog....or tat for that matter! A couple things have laid me low. First, I managed to strain my neck and shoulder making it too painful to look down or hold anything up for more than a few minutes at a time. Second, I have been completely bogged down with coursework the second half of this semester with two weeks yet to go. Ugh. I've begun tatting again, but I don't have anything to show. But I will soon.

Thanks to Tatting Goddess, I FINALLY got to meet some tatters in real life!! She put me in touch with a very nice lady named Merie. I was invited to attend a meeting of an offshoot group of the Great Lakes Lace Guild. It was so much fun. It was the first bit of tatting I'd done in at least a month. I can't wait until the next meeting. We're going to be doing eggs and crosses for Easter. Yay!

Looking around, I see there is so much stuff I have missed and tons of new blogs to get acquainted with. It's so nice to see how tatting is skyrocketing in popularity. Oh, I just noticed I missed another TIAS! I am definitely going to have to get the pages for that.

Even though I haven't been tatting, I have been buying! I'll post some pics later this week of some of my new goodies. Now I'm in the mood to buy some new thread. Does anyone know if Handy Hands is shipping the Lizbeth thread yet? If so, I'm going to be heating up the old credit card.

Enough for now! I've missed you all and I am off to catch up on everyone's blogs...

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Steph! I've missed you! I'm glad you got to meet some real tatters. Are you going to the Lace Days in Lafayette? I'm going with my friend Denise. It would be so much fun to meet you in person!

    Yes, Handy Hands is shipping the new thread. I received mine Monday... just started using it tonight... it's great! Nice sheen, smooth thread... I LOVE it!

    I hope you're feeling better and can get lots of tatting done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You got to meet some tatters! I have hoped to meet up with the Great Lakes Lace Guild at some point but haven't yet. Hope you're feeling better. I know how long those things take to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Steph! So glad you have met up with some tatters...it makes a world of difference!

    Looking forward to seeing your tatting and your goodies....thank you for your support in stimulating our economy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph! Glad you are still around! So sorry to hear you've strained your back and neck; that sounds so painful, but it's probably just as well that you weren't blogging cuz sometimes that can make it worse. Well, I hope that you are feeling better. I am looking forward to seeing the goodies you've acquired and whatever it is that you tatted.
    How very cool that you got to meet another tatter! Gina is pretty cool, aye? Good for her for putting you in touch with the other tatter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We missed you Steph, hope the neck and shoulder are easing, I know just what that feels like. Glad you are tatting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! As long as I don't overdo it I'll be good as new pretty soon. I am just blown away at how many new tatting related blogs have popped up. It'll take the whole weekend to read them all and comment on the the ones I already know. I love it!

    ReplyDelete