Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hippity Hoppity...

Easter's on its way!

It's all about eggs right now. I just received my copy of Tatted Easter Eggs by Kirsten Wind Hansen and some of the FANTASTIC Lizbeth thread from Handy Hands. The quality of the Lizbeth reminds me of Anchor Mercer thread, smooth as silk and handles being retrotatted very well. It was definitely worth the wait.
The eggs I ended up tatting weren't even from the book. Instead, it's Mark Myers',aka Tatman's, 'Bunny In An Egg' from his website. I downloaded it when I first learned to tat about 7 years ago. While flipping through some pattern binders I came across it. I think the reason I didn't tat it back then was because I didn't know how to do split rings and definitely not a ring thrown off the second half of a split ring. So here it is and at the bottom of the post I've included a link where you can download it. I uploaded it to a free PDF hosting site because I haven't checked to see if Mark has Tat-man.net back up and running.

First, a bunny in white...


And a chocolate bunny. It's just not Easter without a chocolate bunny!


The white bunny is tatted in Flora 20, and the egg is Olympus 40, creamy pastels. The chocolate bunny is tatted in cocoa Lizbeth and the egg is Manuela 20.

Click HERE for the pattern! The link is good for only 30 days.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a lot of fun getting ready for Easter with your tatting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pattern! I'm partial to the pastel one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this pattern.. but could find it .. it says 404 is not found and it hasnt past the 30 days!! may be next time..
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. upps ..sorry.. i didnt see it was 2009!!!!

    ReplyDelete