Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Renee Award!

The ever so nice Tatskool, she of the Rainbow Bright and Blue Lagoon HDTs, was kind enough to find me worthy of the Renee Award, originally started by Bella Sinclair. The following is Bella's story of why and how she created this award:

This one is meaningful to me in three profound ways. Firstly, it was created in honor of Renee, one human being who has made such a difference in the lives of many just by being. Her honestly, wit, intelligence, and grit are a tremendous source of inspiration. She can elicit raucous laughter and guffaws in her banter, and then turn right around and offer the most heartfelt, gentle words of wisdom and emotional support. She is a spreader of love, simple and true. And her love is infectious.

Secondly, this award was created in collaboration with one of my best friends, Ces. She is, in Renee's own words, truly original. She is an incredible artist, both in pen and ink and paint. She is fiery passion with a gentle hand. She is laughter, fun, joy, intellectual stimulation, a sister. The concept and design of the award belong to Ces.

Thirdly, this is a brand new award, and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds its way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns…


To honor the spirit of this award, I'd like to pass it along to my new friend in Blogland, KrystleDawne. She is quite talented and is up for any challenge tatting throws her way.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! Congratulations on your award! You deserve it! I'm glad to see it found it's way here and that you are passing it on to a fellow tatter! How fabulous!

    Hope you are having a wonderful Easter weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. Have a Happy and tatful Easter. with lots more chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww....thanks! Now what exactly do I need to do to pass it along too???? I've not encountered awards myself yet in blogging.... Do I just grab the graphic from your page?

    And I think I'm doing better, but I'm going to get some DMC. The majestic is making me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, grab the graphic and the story above, post it to your blog, then choose someone you would like to give it to. Don't feel obligated to pass it along, it's all in fun!

    I feel you on the Majestic thread, too twisty. You have to 'walk' the shuttle constantly to keep it from knotting up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh, it's just an excuse to buy more thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award, Steph. You are very deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation on the award Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're up for another award cuz I've got one waiting for you on my blog! :) Come and see!

    ReplyDelete