Friday, April 10, 2009

A little doodle

Just dropping in to say hello and to show a little doodle I was playing with. I'm still perfecting the Daisy Picot technique using shuttles that need to be emptied. This little butterfly is adapted from Yarnplayer's Simple Butterfly Bookmark. I simply replaced the center ring with a Daisy Picot and put a long picot between the big wings which I then snipped to make the antennae. I used Altin Basak thread in mint green and golden yellow. The scan makes the yellow look orange!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Such pretty spring colors, too! Where did you get the Altin Basak thread? I don't see too many places online that sell it. Do you have a "secret dealer" stashed somewhere? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two! Both are eBay sellers: Demi and Julie's Crochet Heaven and Sunnymailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Please hop over to my blog, i have a little something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for reminding me that I should work on daisy picots again:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sources, Steph! I added them to my "Tatting Merchant's" list on my blog so I can go visit them later, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete