Saturday, April 25, 2009

Numbers 5 and 6, finally!

I'm finally not distracted by doilies, teapots, and whatnot to catch up a bit on the 25 Motif Challenge. Both are critters from Dianna Stevens' fantastic bookmark book Animal Bookmarks, A Tatted Zoo. First is a nice toothy 'gator made especially for a little boy I know. He specifically asked for a gator, so I had to oblige him.

I used Yarnplayer's 'Rain Forest for the dark green gator parts and LadyShuttleMaker's 'Rockies' for the gator's 'scales', size 80, of course.

Next is Number Six, a lion. My scanner does not like some colors, so this is not a true representation of what he looks like. He has a yellow bead in each eye, his mane is 'Golden Glow' HDT and his face is 'Coffee and Cream' HDT. Size 80, what else? He will also be leaving my possession pretty quickly. His new home is with a little girl who is a voracious reader. She chose his colors and I must say she has fine taste!



This week has been a good week. Thanks to all of you who wished me well. It worked! I've had a couple very large debts hanging over my head for longer than I care to say, but as of Thursday they are no more. Whew! I feel a thousand pounds lighter. No matter what happens to GM in the next few weeks, it won't hurt as much now. Not that I want them to go under, not by any means, but if I get laid off it won't be such a bitter pill to swallow.

I also bought a new dinette today. It was on sale for 50% off, can't beat that! A nice honey maple dropleaf with two chairs for $300. Can't wait to get it delivered( delivery was free, too!). There's a really cute doily that would look right at home in the center of it... :)

9 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful! I think my grandson would love that gator, and I think I have just the right thread for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The critter bookmarks look great! Isn't it fun to make things for people you know will like them? I'm glad your week is better, and the future looks better, too. You do know that now you've mentioned it, you'll have to show us that doily you have imagined on your table, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have had a lot of fun tatting!
    How nice that your big debts are taken care of! That must be a huge relief. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book from Dianna too! I think the lion is my fav. Congrats on the dinette! Show us a pic when it's all set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 'gator is one of my favs. the colour you've chosen for it is cool. the lion's cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steph, I too love the animal bookmarks from Dianna's book. I have made lots of bookmarks from this book. I think the colors you used on both critters are great! I'm sure the children getting these will love them.

    Sounds like you did get a super buy on the dinette set.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I likey both of those a lot. The alligator colours you chose are brill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the variegation of the colours in your lion bookmark. This is one of my favourite books, everything inside is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That book is on my (very long) list of books I want to buy. The alligator is quite cute. If gators can be cute, that is:)

    ReplyDelete