Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring, butterflies, and Tea

Hello everyone! The past week did not go well. It was one of those weeks that make me dislike the human race. Yes, it was really that bad. I expected the bad mood to follow me through the weekend, but Saturday turned into such a beautiful day that I forgot about my bad mood. The weather was nearly 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and yard sales galore. Aah, heaven! In honor of Saturday, here is Lindsay Rogers Swallowtail Butterfly from Tatting Miscellany. For the wings, I used size 80 'Brilliant Sunset' by Yarnplayer and black for the body, approx 2-3/4".



Of course yesterday had to be an absolutely dreary day. I know April showers bring May flowers, but I don't want to wait! While I was waiting, I sat down for some tea with Martha Ess' teapot, 'Antique Rose'. Once again, I used one of Yarnplayer's HDT colorways. This time it was Blue Pansy, in size 80 once again. So cute!
The teapot is approximately 3" tall, the creamer and sugar bowl are 1-7/8", and the teacup is a bit bigger than a quarter, or 1-1/8". For those who are HDT nuts like myself, the entire set was done with less than one skein of size 80 HDT. Obviously that will change depending on the size of thread you use.



Lastly, but certainly not least, I have been the recipient of another award. Thank you TattingChic for the Friends Award:

12 comments:

  1. The butterfly and the tea set are both beautiful. You work so quickly! I will have to try some in size 80 if my eyes will let me. All of the teapots are so pretty, it is difficult to decide what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! Yes, "great minds" do think alike, don't they? LOL! Nice work. You were very ambitious to get the whole set done! You must be very speedy with those split chains.

    Obviously someone could do it in rounds if they really wanted to and could have all those ends to finish. They would just have to know how to do SCMR's and forget about the SR's and the SC's.

    I'm rambling! Have a fabulous week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an elegant butterfly, and the tea set looks fit for royalty! I hope that doing tatting helps you feel better on those dreary days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a bad week! The butterfly is lovely though and the teapot/tea cups are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph I am sorry you had one of "those" weeks. Your teaset is just precious! As soon as I get settled I need to order that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have tatted the tea set with size 80 threads !! How small would that be ? The blue in the thread makes it looks like china - very pretty. Cheer up, things will definitely get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I wandered over from TattinChic's to see your teapot and find an entire service! Lovely set. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi and thanks for your nice comments everyone! I'm feeling better today because of them.

    Ellen, the sizes of the tea set is: Teapot(7.5 cm), Creamer and Sugar bowl (5 cm) each, and tea cup is not quite (3 cm).

    Ruby, Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steph, I hope you are having a better week!

    I've never seen this butterfly before, it is beautiful.

    The Teapot & set is gorgeous. I love how it looks in this color. I agree with Singtatter, it makes it look like china.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked me where I got the glass pendant that I put a butterfly in. I replied to that post in my blogger comments, but I'm not sure if you have seen the comment.

    http://caroltats.blogspot.com/2009/03/christmas-gifts-needle-threader-pendant.html

    My Mom got the glass pendant last year when she was in Texas at The NutCracker Market. It is like a big craft festival. They have this market every year in November I believe.

    LadyShuttleMaker had a really cool glass locket on her site:

    http://ladyshuttlemaker.blogspot.com/2008/12/tatted-peach-tree.html

    You can find this locket at the link below. I want to order some of these.

    Hope this helps.

    http://www.hhhenterprises.com/index.php?cPath=21381

    Happy Tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love the teaset! I have to agree with the others, it looks like china. Very good job. And the butterfly as well. Hope you start having some good days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterfly is georgous!!

    Boy did you pick the perfect HDT for your teapot set. And in size 80 too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! lovely job on the tea set, colours are perfect. I haven't seen that butterfly before either but haven't got that book. Another book to buy!1

    ReplyDelete