Monday, May 18, 2009

OK, just one more hairpin lace post...

...and I'll stop boring you all! I still need to work on my tension, but I'm definitely getting the rhythm of flipping this thing around. The motif is Lenore English's snowflake. I used Lizbeth threads in Cotton Candy and the coordinating light peach. The adorable little fan is from Gina's TattingGoddess Yahoo! forum. I tatted it using Lady Shuttlemaker's "Spring Poppies" and DMC color 798 in size 80.

This little foray into hairpin lace turned out to be a lot of fun. It's opened up a new avenue instead of the usual tatting or crocheting. Even though design is not my forte, I can put a little twist into whatever I'm working on if I feel the urge!

And one other thing, the mailman brought a little treat from Tatskool! I can't show it yet, but it's quite yummy....


11 comments:

  1. How could I forget about those fans???? I had so much fun making them! They are also in the Palmetto Tat Days 2005 Commemorative Calendar if anyone has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!
    it's not boring. You go right ahead and post as many hairpin lace posts as you want!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHHHH My! I love how the hairpin lace looks with the tatting. Both pieces are lovely! I especially like the fan and it's colors.

    Can you give us a hint on what Tatskool sent you????? Will you post it soon. Hope so.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. Carol, my comment IS the hint. I can't say anything else until Tatskool reveals it herself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hairpin lace. Hope you post some more of it. Never boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steph, glad you like it. Carol...patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fan, it's so cute! The colors are so summery too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of this hairpin lace is amazing. I have never seen it used like this before. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tattycat! Thanks so much. Glad to see you're back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hairpin lace motif is so pretty, and the fan too. hairpin lace is ne of those things that i want to try but never got to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph,

    This is one of the doilies that I plan to make this year. I so wanted to learn to make hairpin lace and I finally did it in Palmetto Tatters this year. Hope Green taught me to do the HPlace.

    Sunela

    ReplyDelete