Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An update on life ( no pics today!)

Well, it finally happened. I joined the ranks of the unemployed last week.

When I was given my pink slip, the first thing that went through my head wasn't, "Oh no, what am I going to do now?". It was, "Now I have more time to tat and finally figure out those hairpin lace looms sitting in the closet". My strange reaction is due to the fact I knew it was coming and made my peace with it. A friend of mine kept telling me to stop worrying myself sick because it won't change the situation and that I should just consider it a long deserved vacation. So that's what I am going to do.

There's no car payment or mortgage to worry about and the credit cards are paid down to a nearly zero balance. I suppose I can weather this storm. No pity or sympathy, please. I don't feel sorry for myself at all. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!

Enough of that! Some tatting news...

I am now a member of the Great Lakes Lace Guild. It's so nice to finally get to talk to other tatters in the flesh. This weekend is a lace convention, but it was full so I'll just stop by to shop the tables. Karey Solomon will be there!

DS9 Designs has Lizbeth thread now. It's $3.75 a ball. Excellent! I love Deb Arnold's stuff, especially her patterns.

Lastly, we're finally getting a Hobby Lobby in my area! I've seen so many people post about that place I was beginning to think I may be missing out on something. So, I'll get to see for myself shortly. Of course, I already signed up for the mailing list in case there are any good coupons....

Anyhow, hope everyone out in Tatland is tatting up a storm and have a good day!

7 comments:

  1. Well, well, well. Things are looking up already. A chance to meet Karey, Lizbeth threads, a Hobby Lobby (can we have one too?) AND a chance to pop into the Great Lakes Guild. Sounds as if life is already getting better. I'm sure a job is just round the corner too. As the song says "Always look on the bright side of life".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job bummer. I hope you can find another one you like even better soon. Okay, enough sympathy, then. Because -- ohhhhh, time to tat!! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your job, but as you kind of mention, not knowing/expecting it is even worse than when it finally happens. We just went through this last year (husband lost his job) and lived to tell about it:) Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy, which is very, very important. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your job...nope, it's not sympathy, just concern! That is great that you are able to go to a lace guild conference and meet some other tatters! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. I think u need a hug *Hug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! They are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete