Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A new HPL project

...but it's not tatting! I've joined the yarny, knotty goodness that is Ravelry and I'm hopelessly addicted. So many goodies to make, so little time. I must have logged about 20-25 hours over there and haven't even scratched the surface yet. I love it! If you click the little blinking Ravelry badge, it will take you to my page which is a work in progress itself. So without further adieu, my latest project.

The yarn! Originally, I was going with mossy greens and soft plums, but then I saw these two and my mind was changed instantly. The variegated is named Earth&Sky and the solid is Aruba Sea. I love turquoises and browns together.



The motif! The solid color rounds are hairpin lace. The two joining rounds of variegated use post stitches that give the square a nice texture. When all the squares are done they'll be joined with single crochet stitches in Aruba Sea. My HPL tension is still not that great, but once I sew the squares together it won't be as noticeable, I hope. I've decided that I'm going to invest in a nice HPL loom from StitchDiva.com, because the one I bought to make this afghan is a piece of crap. The pins keep sliding out of the bases, so I ended up having to wrap a rubberband around one end to keep it all together.

6 comments:

  1. I also have been knitting and I belong to Ravelry also. I think I am Celticdreamweave there. I could be mistaken...haven been there in a couple weeks now...but when I do go there...Iam there for hours just looking. Looking is a good brain dead pasttime don't you think?? :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great brain dead pasttime! Maybe now I'll use up all the tubs of yarn I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Those colors do look nice together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Ravelry member too but don't visit too often because when I do, the visit goes on and on and on and on...

    Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise and dark brown are a fabulous combination! I'm sure your afghan will be super-duper cozy (and cool looking!) when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these colors together too! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete