Thursday, August 20, 2009

And it's only 11:30 a.m.

First the toaster blew up in a pretty blue shower of sparks, then the microwave fritzed out. In order to save the other kitchen appliances from an untimely death, it was to the basement to do some laundry. Nope, that didn't work out either. The washer is stuck in the wash cycle. It keeps agitating, but won't drain or go to the rinse cycle. It's currently unplugged from the wall and half full of water. Hmmm...gremlins, perhaps? Now it's off to the local laundromat with a soaking wet load of sheets in a thunderstorm, no less. Maybe I'll just wait.

The Halloween bug bit me yesterday, so I went through the black hole known as the crafts closet to see what I could find to work on. I settled on a cross stitch sampler from Birds Of A Feather. Digging around some more, I even came across a piece of linen and the exact flosses to work it with. There should be something photoworthy in a day or so.

On the tatting front, I did a few more snowflakes for my rainbow tree. They haven't been blocked yet. All patterns come from Tatting by Myra Piper. The flake done in white/Coral Reef is size 40 while the rest are size 80. The color choices were simple blind grabs from the thread basket.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, sorry to hear about your electrical problems. My dryer is on the blink too. DH fixed it, so we will see if it lasts a bit longer. Your colorful tatted motifs are all so pretty. I especailly like the blue/green and white one. Happy Tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! (belatedly)

    Your snowflakes are so bright and cheery! And I sure hope your appliance blitz is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowflakes are very pretty, and I must agree with Carol, that blue with the white center is very eye catching! I hope your electrical frizt problems are done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies! I think I'm done killing appliances for the time being.

    Thanks for the nice comments about the flakes. Myra's book is the best and only $5, too!

    Thanks for the belated b-day wish, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Steph, what a day and all in the morning too.
    glad you had time to tat, that should fix the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, why do things like that always happen in three's? First the towel bar in my bathroom crashed...and won't allow me to fix it, then one of the panels in my vertical blinds broke, and then the cover for the ceiling light came crashing down and cracked! Why??? LOL!

    I think you and I cope similarly....TAT!!! LOL!

    Your motifs are very nice.
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, too funny, Chic! I was just messing with the vertical on my doorwall. One of the slats just decided to fall off. It's a gremlin, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a day. Glad you could tat to calm yourself down. Love what you did with Coral Reef. Must make more!

    ReplyDelete