Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm still here and....40?!! Oh no!

Hey everyone! Here I am. Took some time off because I had to heal. Wrist and elbow troubles laid me low so I needed to recover. A knot had developed in my left wrist right at the base of my palm. At first I thought it was a cyst of some sort, but it turned out it was the tendon bulging. I had to wear a brace to limit movement and couldn't do anything thread related for a few weeks. The days of sitting and tatting for hours on end are over! *sob* While recuperating, I used the time to catch up on some reading...


Tattycat being my inspiration, I am attempting to create a rainbow Christmas tree this year. Joann Fabrics had white pre-lit trees on clearance for $15, so I bought one.My first three flakes of the '09 season are from Jon Yusoff's snowflake collection. Next I'll be starting to work out of Myra Piper's tatting book. These took five days to make, now that I'm all worn out!



And lastly, to toot my own horn, it's my birthday today! 40th to be exact. Yay me! I made it. Here's to another 40...



16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're starting to feel better and back to tatting. Take it easy, not too much too soon. Hope you have a great Birthday! (And your snowflakes look wonderful, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Birthday Steph, love the cake and your tatting is superb, gorgeous colours. Isn't rainbow tatting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I'm so jealous of your white christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back (to blogging) and happy birthday! Take it easy with the snowflakes so you don't get sidelined again:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!
    Your multicolored snowflakes are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Steph!! You sure did read a lot of books while you were off from tatting.

    OOOHHH the motifs are so pretty with the variagated thread. They will look lovely on a white tree.

    Hope your wrist continues to heal.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you are feeling better I was thinking of you the other day wandering where you were!! WELL Happy Birthday lady.. Your snowflakes are wonderful
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 40th Birthday!

    If you couldn't blog, then reading was the next best thing. I love to read. What was the best book you read during your "time off"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice birthday wishes everyone! I missed you all and from reading all the blogs I see I've missed a lot of good stuff.

    Bonnie, I think the best book I read when I was off was a kids book, 'The Graveyard Book' by Neil Gaiman. It's the story of an orphaned toddler raised by the inhabitants of a graveyard. It's not as morbid as it sounds. The book was quite touching and I was wishing for more when I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday Stephers! I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I wish I had the time to sit and read that many books...oh what a nice escape it must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! If your win my giveaway that would be a nice birthday present for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! 40 is the new 20!
    I hope your tendons heal well and quickly. Your snowflakes look very pretty! Have fun with your rainbow snowflakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jon and TattingChic!

    Jon, it would be a most fantastic gift if I won your new book.

    TattingChic, you are correct about 40 being the new 20!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday, Steph! I hope you had a wonderful day. The snowflakes are beautiful and I am so glad to have inspired you! You'll have a tree full in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your snowflakes are lovely! Great tatting. For the record - the 40's were terrific! : ))
    Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tattycat and Fox! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    Nice to see you here, Fox. Nice blog you have there.

    ReplyDelete