Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've been framed!

First a thank you everyone who heard my plea and sent a copy of the doily pattern I was looking for.  It's flattering to find out just how many people actually stop by for a visit!  I humbly thank you all.

I just got back one of my cross stitch pieces from the framer.  Before I unveil, let me say that I have come to appreciate the 50% coupons Joann, Etc. and Michaels put in the paper week after week.  Cuz I'll tell ya, if I keep this up I will be one broke chick. 

 
"Remember Me"  by Birds of a Feather
The picture is not a very good one so you can't really see the detail well.  The frame actually looks like old distressed barnwood.  I thought it worked well because the threads used to stitch are overdyed which have that nice blotchy old look.  The now familiar background which shows up in a lot of my pictures is my tat/crochet/cross stitch chair.  The best thing about it (besides being comfortable) is that it's made for vertically challenged folk 5'4" and under!  What?  A chair I can actually sit in and not have my feet hang in midair?  Sold!!  One of these days, I'll make a post about my stitchin' corner.  That is, if I can remember....

9 comments:

  1. I love the picture! You and the framer did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture, I love it!! The frame looks fantastic with the piece. Nice choice! This is a great looking witch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice:) Those coupons are WONDERFUL arent they :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice stitching and good framing,
    don't you just love chairs that actually fit. I have a recliner that actuall fits me, it is the only comfortable chair in the house, not even the couches fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send me an email and let me know where you got your very cute pattern. I am a big time lover of Halloween and I love this picture. All of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, I just emailed you at your yahoo address!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cross stitch piece looks very at home in that frame. Tatting in a comfortable chair beats tatting anywhere else, though we do it anyway. Especially when it's "your" chair, with all the necessities close by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe I never commented on this. I LOVE it!! Wish I could cross stitch..this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete