Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Once upon a midnight dreary, .....

...while I pondered, weak and weary.


From Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven -- perfect midnight Halloween season reading.  That's not really a raven, it's a Creepy Crow (but it damn sure looks like a raven!) designed by the one and only Battatter, Carol Amich.  If you're a Halloween lover like me, this book is a must have.  I'm currently working on a few more of the patterns from her book.


SHRIEK!!
 

"Scared Silly" by Birds of a Feather
Stitched on 32 ct. Sparrow
Weeks  Dye Works  flosses

Ol' Jack O'Lantern flipped his lid and scared the kitty!  Scared him silly, even.  My latest stitchy project that was actually a WIP from last year.  I lost it last year and gave it up for gone, but it was actually hiding in the Halloween decorations.  I think the orange fill-in around the inner edge of the frame is perfect!  Jo-Ann's did a great frame job once again. In this pic, you can see the mounting board behind the camera.  That's just because of the camera flash.  It's not really visible at all.   If you look closely, you can see Heidi Sunday's 'Pumpkins On A Vine' trailing over the edge of the frame. (click pics for a larger view) A fun little thing to tat!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Work and school are killing me at the moment.  Well, not really killing me, just my tatting/crochet/stitch time!  Oh, the agony....



4 comments:

  1. I don't really get in to Halloween, but I do love seeing tatted inspirations for this spooky time of year! Pumpkins and blackbirds... oooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHHH, I just love your cross stitch Halloween picture with the scared kitty. Very nice Halloween display with the cross stitch and container of thread and the crow/raven on the book. Love it all. THanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks so polished and perfect; the "scared silly" stitching, the "pumpkins on a vine" tatting, the thread jar, and that inviting candle. Even the feathers in the background beckon for a closer look. Spooky good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh ....You did a great job on the crow! I was so surprised to see him here. I also loved the cross stitch. So Halloweeny!
    ...and thanks for the plug for my booklet!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete