Wednesday, December 30, 2009

#8, ,#9, #10, #11, #12, and #13

So I was too lazy to complete the 25 Motif Challenge.  What can I say? I'm a procrastinator.  Actually, I got interested in other things this past year and the time flew by.  And after the first three or four, I don't think I was too thrilled with my choice for the challenge so it just kept getting pushed back.  A few more animals have come off the shuttles since Christmas, though.  I definitely won't be finished by the time the ball drops tomorrow night, but I will have all my critters completed within the next couple weeks.  In the meantime, here are the fruits of my labor...


(Going clockwise) The flamingo is from Martha Ess' Critters On The Block,  the gecko is Pamela's gecko from Jane's pattern pages, the lovely swan is Mark Myers', the cocoa bunny is also from Mark, the kitty I do believe is from an old, old Workbasket, and the pig bookmark is from Dianna Stevens' Animal Bookmarks: A Tatted Zoo.

The gecko was definitely my favorite to do, but the beads that should have gone along the spine weren't cooperating so I omitted them after cutting the mistakes out FIVE times! 

I also received a belated Christmas present today.  After months of whining and moaning about what a piece of crap my camera is, Santa swung back by and left me THIS under the tree. It may not be the fanciest, most expensive camera, but I love it and it's the thought that counts.   And I've been playing, oh yes, I have been playing all day!  Thanks, Santa!

edited to add:  I overlooked a package!  Said package contained a 4GB memory card and a carrying case.  The card was promptly inserted into the camera and has room for nearly 1,500 pictures and the new camera is now safe and snug in its new case.  A good day it was, a good day.

5 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the gecko without the beads now I've seen yours!!!! I must try doing one the 'new' way of adding the bead first before doing the SR!!! That might make a neater job. Love your other animals too - the swan is my favourite. SO elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing patterns that I've said "I must tat one day", tatted by someone else - it gives me hope! The only one out of your bunch that I have ever tatted is the swan - love the flamingo, just the right colour (yes I have the book). Well I think you should be pleased with yourself for tatting all those over Christmas, a challenge in itself! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your critters are adorable! Congratulations on the new camera... I am determined to learn how to use mine properly this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see you tat animals. Your camera is a gem, you couldn't ask for better, 4gig card is a fab idea too espec for videoing.
    Happy New Year and happy tatting

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're tired of doing critters, do something else. No one's going to shoot you for wanting a change of pace. The idea is to keep on tatting and if the subject matter keeps you from tatting, CHANGE IT.

    ReplyDelete