Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Coming to you live from....



...my new laptop!  No matter what I did, the old one just kept bogging down, freezing up, and all the other crap that goes along with a dying PC.  So I said, "To hell with this thing!  I'm buyin' a new one!"  So I did.  And a new router.  And a new wi-fi printer.  Any other time I would be feeling buyer's remorse, but not this time!  Set up was a breeze, too.  I had the laptop and printer on a secure wireless network in fifteen minutes.  Quite pleased with myself, I am.  This is the first time I've done this.

Ok, now for something tatting related.  This is Half Ring Snowflake #2 from Mark Myers' book, Tatting Pattern For One Shuttle, Book One. I love this book!!  My fingers are crossed that Book Two will be on its way soon.  I used size 80 HDT, color Plum Tickled(I think) from Lady ShuttleMaker.  Approximately 1-1/2 inches across. 





Edited to add: Wow, the scan quality of this new printer is fabulous!






10 comments:

  1. Oh, that's SUCH a pretty colour and beautifully tatted too. Love the way the colours have sorted themselves into their own pattern too. Pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT BOOK and I made lots and lots of the heart pattern. I'm not as good as your are at keeping the 1/2 rings uniform so I cheat and use beads on the bare thread. That snowflake rocks and I love the thread

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have thought that your fingers would have been crossed from the size 80 thread. I know mine would be. I am also hoping to buy myself a laptop soon. If I am good and put my mileage cheque away maybe by my birthday in March I'll have enough. (Now my fingers are crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Father Christmas came early with your lap top! Lucky you - it must make such a lot of difference having one that is reliable.
    That is a dainty snowflake, I've just used 80 and it really challenges your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, beautiful! Wow! Great job on the snowflake. Did I say Wow!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new computer! I've not had one moment of buyer's remorse since buying my new laptop either... when it's time, it's time! Your right... that scan is fabulous! Love the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo! Let's hear it for the new laptop and router! Good job YOU for getting it hooked up! The new snowflake is lovely! The fabulous thing about tatting is that we can make absolutely gorgeous designs without all the gobbledy-gook of fancy techniques and two or more shuttles! One shuttle can do very lovely work, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha! Steph, you crack me up!!! I just read your 2 comments on my blog... welcoming "Ruari" and then "Stiofán". So cute. Oh, yes, you were reading Carol's blog I see! So considerate of you to call the leps by their "proper" names!
    ((Hugs))!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    P.S. and by "proper" names I meant their "Old Irish" names!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thank you everyone! Vic, I love that heart, too. It never occurred to me to fill in the bare thread space with a bead. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snowflake is fab, so is the colour.

    ReplyDelete