Saturday, December 26, 2009

A doily...

Christmas is over, the snowflake fever has abated, so it's time to move on.  I am woefully behind on my 25 Motif Challenge, which I will start catching up on TODAY.  I promise.  In the meantime, here is a little doily from Blomqvist and Persson's Tatting Patterns and Designs.  It worked up fairly quickly.  In between visiting and  running errands on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I had it tatted and loosely blocked. It's called Sunflower and it's tatted in not very sunflower colors, but it is oh so pretty!  I'm already yearning for spring.



Tatted using Lizbeth 20 in Golden Yellow Medium, Antique Violet Medium, and Leaf Green Medium.  The doily measures about 7" across. For both the violet and green, two completely filled SewMate shuttles completed the rounds with approximately a foot of thread left on the shuttles, in case anyone wonders.

Have a great Saturday and relax!

10 comments:

  1. That's absolutely stunning, how did you tat that so quickly!!
    Way to go Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at the pattern in the book, hard to believe that it is the same as yours. Your colours are a WOW, thanks for the info'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It may not look like a sunflower, but it does look very flower-like and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Your doily is lovely! You did a nice job on the colors. I'm behind on my (2nd) 25 Motif Challenge, too! I gotta CHANGE that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O very pretty! I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors you chose as I am also ready for spring. Have you always been able to work things up so quickly? I'm not sure whether to chalk my snail's pace up to still learning the "threads" or a natural slow pace.
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies!

    Ann, no I haven't always been able to tat quickly. It's been only in the past year or two that I've gotten my speed (and accuracy) to where it is now. I'm a night owl, so that gives me plenty of time to tat. That's how I manage to get projects tatted up in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this pattern flagged for 15 years and have yet to tat it! It's amazing how the colors bring it to life. You've inspired me to give it a try. It's very crisp-looking, in front-side, back side, with Lizbeth thread. Beautiful work!

    This is the book that features the 18th century portraits of elegant ladies in incredible gowns and hairstyles doing 'knotting' with large shuttles. I would love to see those portraits in person!

    Glad to know you're also a night owl, like me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy and thank you for compliment! I was hesitant to post a large clickable picture because I didn't think my long chains looked too nice.

    ReplyDelete