Saturday, February 20, 2010

Diamond

Another one from Lady Shuttlemaker's latest book!  For this one I used a vintage J&P Coats thread in size 70, color 177.  She measures 2-1/4" (5.7 cm).  This butterfly is good practice for those who want to sharpen his/her skills at following diagrams as there are no written instructions for this one.
What a difference a few hours makes when it comes to tension!  I made one wing last night before I went to sleep then did the other today. I couldn't get them to match to save my life.  Thanks to a bit of creative blocking, I managed to make it a little less noticeable. 

7 comments:

  1. Looks pretty darn good to me, blocking really polishes tatting to perfection. Always amazes me that you can that such fine thread, the results are always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour and the butterfly looks great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are teasing me. My book has not arrived yet and I am itching to tat something that makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had problems with this, nobody else can tell ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great little pattern....I got to test tat it. lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors look really cool on this butterfly. That is cool that you showed it with the dime for size comparison. It helps gain a better perspective of what I'm looking at there.
    Happy Tatting,
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete