Monday, March 22, 2010

It's been a month?!

     Wow.  Time flies when you're doing.........nothing.  Nope, not a thing.  Other than a few purchases, I haven't done much of anything tatting related.  A mix of the winter blues and school made me lazy, I suppose.  The winter semester is always the heaviest, not necessarily the hardest.  I just completed Cost Accounting, which made me want to rip my hair out, and Intermediate Accounting, which emphasizes the theory behind the U.S. generally accepted accounting principles and IFRS, the international financial reporting standards.  I am happy to say I passed both classes with high marks, thus preserving my 3.8 GPA.
     My work schedule has changed, too.  I am not a morning person, so I choose to work the afternoon shift. It's been my favorite shift for many years, but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse to work the newly added midnight shift.  Four days, ten hours.  That means my workweek  begins at 8:00 p.m. on Monday and ends Friday morning at 6 a.m.  I am LOVIN' it.  I didn't think I would, but I do. It's peaceful and I can play with my new addiction, er...iPhone all night long.  Damn AT&T for giving me a free one.
     Because of my new schedule, I got my tatting mojo back in a big way.  Here's a little sneaky peek of what I'm working on:
     If all goes well and I don't have to cut out a mistake(again), I should have something to show in a day or two. I've always wanted to have something special to post for Tatting Tea Tuesday, but never do.  Hopefully that will all change this week!

     Now for the product endorsement segment of the show. Being crafters, we all get aches and pains, and we all get dry skin from time to time.  Well, I have the cures!
      On the left is Tiger Balm ointment.  I don't care how bad you hurt, just rub some on and you'll start to feel better within a few minutes.  It's very aromatic(clove oil), but the heat it gives is long lasting and penetrates right to the bone.  Much better than Icy Hot or Ben-Gay.  One of my Laotian coworkers had me rub some on my thumb once and I've been hooked ever since. That thumb had been giving me problems for a couple years.  Ever since I started using Tiger Balm, I've never had so much as a twinge of pain in that thumb.  It helps immensely when my elbow acts up, too.  You can find it at your local Walgreen's for about $7.00 a jar.
     The hand lotion on the left is Olivella.  As you can see, it's base is olive oil.  The best stuff I have ever used. It heals dry cracked skin and torn cuticles quickly with NO greasy feeling.  It smells great, too.  You can definitely smell the olive oil, but there's also a hint of orange  and lavender.  A bit on the pricy side, $8.49 for a 2.5 ounce(75 ml) tube, but a little goes a long way.  The only brick-and-mortar store I've ever found it at is Bed Bath & Beyond, although I have seen it available on Amazon for decent prices.  Try it, you'll like it.

Well, here's hoping for a nice uneventful finish for my sneaky peek.  See you all soon!
 
   

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on doing so well in school! And welcome to night shift. I love working nights too. Can't wait to see what the new tatting is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well nice to have you back again, the preview of what you are tatting looks interesting. Tiger Balm, that takes me back 30 yrs ago when we lived in Hong Kong it was good for insect bites, powerful stuff! Glad you are finding it works for your aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an olive oil-based badger balm that is wonderful. It's almost out though - thanks for a replacement suggestion! The olive oil is wonderful stuff for dry skin. I don't even like the way it smells, bit I deal with it because I like it so much!

    I can't wait to see what your finished item looks like!

    ReplyDelete