Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Monday!

Some actual tatting to show today. It's not done yet and I'm not going to tell y'all what is it.  This is the first time in a week that I've held a shuttle.  You see, I was just walking along minding my own business when out of nowhere I pulled a muscle in lower back across my left hip.  In all honesty, I can say I've never felt anything like that before.  The pain kind of took its time to hit, but when it did, Owww, owww, owww!  Then a wave of nausea washed over me and I nearly fainted.  That's really saying something for me, because I have an extremely high tolerance for pain.  For the next two days, I kept having spasms and couldn't sit or stand up straight.  Ice packs and really good prescription painkillers were the order of the day.  Since I couldn't sit up, I couldn't tat, but I could crochet.  Nothing to show on that front right now.  Maybe later. 

Now that I can sit up, I can tat!  This is it so far.  By the weekend, it should be complete and ready to display.  I'll say this much about where the pattern originates-- it's German.

15 comments:

  1. I know it is not yet finished, but it looks like such a pretty, Spring tulip right now. What thread are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isdihara! I am using DMC 80 threads in colors 353 and 3706.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch I think a lot of us recognise that pain...comes from nowhere, takes time to go and then you will be ok. Take it easy.
    Tatting looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks like a teapot so far but being German, it's not likely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! I am a sucker for pink and these two shades are great. On my laptop, this looks bigger than #80.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! How pretty! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo pretty sort of looks like a tea pot to me. Hope your back gets to feeling better its no fun, mine is on my rigt side. See the things we do so we can just sit and tat ;) yea right LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern and the colour is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design so far. I was going to say it looks like a tea pot too, so far. The colors you are using are very pretty!

    Feel better Steph! I had that happen to me once and I ended up going to the emergency room for a shot of pain killer. The pain was so intense, like you said, almost to the point of passing out. Take it very easy even after you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks pretty in pink! Can't wait to see more of it.

    Hope you get well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks very pretty so far, whatever it is! I look forward to seeing the finished piece! :)
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing German comes to mind, so I have no clue as to what you are tatting but, I like the two colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it :) Colours are very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...very pretty...nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been there, done that (pulled muscle). Such a silly little injury and yet so painful!

    ReplyDelete