Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A post that is NOT tatting related! Look if you dare...

I'm tatted  out.  Nope, just not feeling it lately.  Crochet has been the craft of the moment.   I love making potholders, dishcloths, and towels!  Cliche, yes, but I love them none the less.  Ravelry with it's tons of free patterns and my huge stash of Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn fuel the addiction, but it's all good!  I actually use the stuff I make, so it's not like it's all for naught.  Here's what has come off the hook...

A pair of towels in the shape of aprons.  The patterns are from Annie's Attic, in case anyone is interested.  



And a spiral potholder. This pattern is a Ravelry freebie.  A bit tricky due to having four working yarns at once, but worth the hassle.

Thanks for looking and hope all you moms out there had a great Mother's Day! 

6 comments:

  1. OMG! Steph, the apron dishcloths are pretty and cute! the spiral's so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! and Cool! Those aprons are great - very June Cleaver!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love the Apron Towels they are toooooo cute for words!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny... I've been a little sidetracked by crochet the last few weeks! I've still been tatting a little bit each day, but right now I am totally fascinated with the filet crochet of Mary Card. I just finished reading Barbara Balantyne's first book about Mary, and now I'm working on my technique with the second book. Yesterday books 3 and 4 came in the mail. I think I'm hopeless! Love the aprons... have you read The Apron Book? Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always rotated my crafts, mostly on whims rather than by design but once I started tatting, I only did something else maybe 5 or 6 times a year. I'm moving back towards that pattern though and am currently focusing on needlelaces.

    Love your aprons! I found a potholder recently that I want to crochet too but don't know when I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see the different things that you make.

    ReplyDelete