Saturday, May 15, 2010

Still not tatting...

I just can't get interested at the moment!  You'd think with thousands of yards(or meters if you're not in the U.S.) of thread and more patterns than I could ever possibly do, I could find something interesting to make.  But, nope, it ain't happening.  Instead, my latest project is an AFGHAN(<------click there).  A nice, colorful, summer-y throw to be made with luscious bamboo yarn.  I've never worked with bamboo before, but I am loving it.  So soft and cool to the touch, it's perfect for the warm weather.  The yarn was a bit pricy, $5.00 USD per skein, but I think it's going to be worth it. 


Yarn is Spa by naturallycaron.com.  Colors are:(front row) Berry Frappe, Ocean Spray,  Green Sheen, (back row) Rose Bisque, Coral Lipstick, and Soft Sunshine.

6 comments:

  1. Too funny... I just pulled out two skeins of bamboo yarn to knit socks this afternoon. You got a deal. Mine was $13.50 per skein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wha a gorgeous selection of colours can't wait to see the Afghan finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your soft colors and I think the design you are doing is awesome! ???Is it a pattern you can share??? If not, that's ok, it sure is nice!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    God's Kid, you can find the pattern at: http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/sunscape/sunscape_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand what you are going through with the lack of interest with tatting. I'm currently focused on chainmaille right now. I've got a pretty large stash of yarn, so I may do some crochet too before I get back to tatting. I've got some bamboo yarn as well, but it's a bulky weight yarn and I'm not sure what I'll do with it. Can't wait to see your afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be a BEAUTIFUL afghan! The pattern is lovely and those colors are SO pretty! Variety is the spice of life! I've been doing some embroidery and sewing myself and hadn't picked up a shuttle in over two weeks. I finally pulled the tatting out last night and started a little edging and it was fun again. Enjoy playing "hooky"!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete