Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hello there...

Hello all!  I know I haven't contributed much this summer, but I have been following what you all have been doing.  Such lovely stuff!  Other than Martha's fabulous block critters, the tatting bug hasn't been biting. It's been all about crochet. Until today, that is.  I saw Diane's rendition of Anne B's Dragon Wing Doily and just HAD to do one for myself!
Isn't it beautiful?  Such vibrant colors!  I used Yarnplayer's hand dyed thread size 80 in 'Brilliant Sunset' with some pink Miyuki 15/0 seed beads on the picots.  It measures 2-7/8" (7.3 cm) across.  Now I just need to find a really small bud vase or votive holder.

I've been trying to ignore the fact that autumn is right around the corner and I've done a pretty good job of it.  But I couldn't help but notice that the leaves on the big maple at the end of the driveway are beginning to turn colors.  *cries*  While autumn is pretty and smells nice, it also means winter is too close for comfort.  Snow, sleet, ice, and scarves...

The first of many I'll be crocheting this year.  This is the Boteh scarf from Interweave Crochet.  I used Bernat Baby Jacquards Florals yarn.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the yarn stripes itself into flowers and leaves(the pink/white/green).  The yarn is even prettier when knitted, something I have yet to learn.  

Well, bye for now.  I'll try not to go so long between tatting posts!

11 comments:

  1. That does look like a "Brilliant Sunset". I've been avoiding the HDT sellers' sites lately for budget reasons, but you're making me want to break my resolve.

    Pretty yarn on the scarf, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the Dragon Wing Doily and the colours are really stunning, as for the scarf I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a fun doily to tat? I can't believe how quickly you finished yours... I must be the slowest tatter in the world! I love that scarf. I'm off to look up the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering where you got to!!! Your crochet is lovely. I think I will have to try Anne B's Dragon Wing Doily too!! Have you thought about making it to Cambridge this September for a Tatting weekend with the Fringe Element Tatters? You can get the info from the web site. Under Tat Days http://fringetatters.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dragon Wing Doily is sensational in that yarn.

    I had admired it on other blogs, but didn't have the itch to tat it myself till i saw it in this HDT.

    You can really see the pattern very clearly here and I now have to tat this! Thanks for posting it! Love it.

    The scarf is lovely. I saw this when it was published, but never got around to it. Like your yarn choice...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doily is totally an attention getter! It's awesome in color and style! And the scarf is so unique in design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! The doily is lovely! I don't know how I managed to miss it, but it is definitely going on my list of things to make now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZA! Your Dragon Wing doily is an eye-poppin', show-stoppin' success! Love that colorway and the compact size in 80 thread. Wouldn't that look divine on a pop-up card?

    I have never crocheted a scarf, but yours is truly to die for. Love the shape and style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, ladies! Glad you like it. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out with such a bright thread. It's definitely the best thing I've done in a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee love the doiley, it's the first time that I have seen it, now I have to go and investigate.

    ReplyDelete