Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I'll be making a big pot of corned beef and potatoes to share with my coworkers in the afternoon and maybe have a nip of whiskey in the evening!

In the meantime, I'll finish cleaning up the 5, 219 yarn tails on my  crochet Japanese flower piece.
Why I didn't hide them as I went along is beyond me.  I got so sick of it I put it aside for a day or so to make something else:
This little stash basket is a free pattern from the Purl Bee.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much yarn it holds when complete.  In the pic, there are 25 balls stuffed in it. Sugar 'n Cream yarn was the way to go with this one.  I only have about 100 balls of the stuff(no exaggeration).  The little flowers are Lucy's of Attic 24 fame.  Her blog is fantastic!  Here is what it looks like empty:
I love this!  Another one may be in the works soon.  Have a good Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute bag, Stephanie, and it looks as though it'll hold lots of yarn, too. Your flower piece is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag! Looks like something you can take to the beach. I love the stripes. Well done!

    I'm also loving your Japanese flowers. Those muted pastels are delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete