Wednesday, March 2, 2011

She's alive! Alive! Alliiiiiive!!

Howdy strangers! Just a quickie post to show I'm still around. I haven't forgotten about you all. Life has gotten in the way and then I just lost my tatting and blogging mojo for a while there. I actually tatted and have the pics to prove it!
The pale green heart is Dorcas's Heart. I think the woven picots really give it an interesting look. The little pink heart is Eva's Heart. Both patterns have been in one of my binders for years so I'm not sure what corner of the internet they came from.


This is Jon Yusoff's Hearts Entwined tatted using one of Tatskool's HDTs in sizd 80 from the Raspberry/Vanilla family.  I love that pattern.  Gorgeous.


And this is Tattyhead's 'Star Attraction' doily. I just started Round 6(or is it 7?) for the third time. It should be finished and blocked by this weekend. I keep either missing or making a join in the wrong place. I'm using some lovely Venus 40 thread I got at the Great Lakes Lace Guild's 'Love of Lace' event last year.

I'm still on a crochet kick. Blankets, blankets, blankets, with two more currently in the works...





Every single one of those afghans are made entirely with stash yarn and there are still three huge totes full of yarn in the craft closet! But I still don't have any yarn....or tatting thread. ;)

10 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to see here! Your tatting is exquisite, as always. I think I'd find that doily pattern confusing as well. The afghans are all so pretty and I bet they are nice and warm, too. My favorite is the one in the bottom photo - really unique and "artsy" looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not post often, but you sure do a lot of beautiful needlework! How long did it take you to do those afghans? I also remember a 'flag' afghan that was so attractive. And you also do a lot of excellent tatting! A 'gallery' slide show of your work would be most impressive! Nice to 'hear' from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks, ladies! The afghan on the bottom is called the Groovyghan, inspired by the 1970s and Scooby Doo!

    Kathy, each afghan except the Four-Square on top took about a month each. As much as I'd like to just sit on my butt and tat or crochet, life intrudes! I like the gallery idea. I'm going to see how I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorcas's heart was originally in the Heartland Lace Guild's newsletter. I posted it on my blog Jan 12, 2007 but I don't think I posted the pattern. I got permission from her to teach it and perhaps pass it on. I really don't remember at this point but I don't find the instructions on my blog. I do remember teaching it though as we also put beads in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful hearts and doily! :)
    Neat blankets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you posting again, Steph! Your hearts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My , Steph, but you've been busy! Wonderful tatting, and I love the little heart. Beautiful afghans! So nice to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very nice your workS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Steph,

    WOW...what wonderful doilys...great and really, really beautiful! Love the Heart so much. Your Blog is very nice and now i am a follower of your blog.
    Send you many Greetings and wish you a nice Weekend and thank you so much for your Comment on the Flower Bed CAL,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tatting looks really pretty! I love the star attraction doily and the heart that is on the right side of the one photograph! I can't really tell what pattern you say it is because you are calling one heart a Pale green and I am not seeing a pale green on my monitor and you know how these computer things vary color from screen to screen...so anyway it is all very lovely nonetheless! :) Your garden tote is beautiful several posts up! You have been a crocheting maniac and it looks like you have been having a lot of fun doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete