Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It is complete.

My Rose Garden Tote is now complete. After one more rearranging of the pieces, and the addition of a few more flowers it was on to the final assembly.  An hour or so of stitching while lying on the floor in front of the bag so as not to disturb the placement was all it took to end up with this:




Now it was on to the felting!  Two wash cycles which included a pair of ragged jeans, some old gym shoes for extra agitation, and two days of drying resulted in this:







She is beautiful, yes?  Wow, I am really impressed with myself right now.  This tote turned out far, far better than I could have imagined it would be. I love it.  The felting process shrunk the bag down to 16 inches tall and 15 inches wide, a most perfect size.  All that worrying for nothing! 

Thanks again to everyone for their kind comments and advice, especially Crochetbug.  To do this, I relied heavily on her blog posts and notes of her adventure creating this bag.  A special thanks to you, madame.  Now I think I shall go see about finding another project to felt.  Enjoy the day, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bag! Great colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It looks like the flowers are inside the bag, spilling over the top. The colors are so bright and happy looking. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag turned out beautifully! Really great! Love the colors and am so pleased the felting process worked out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies! I'm absolutely ecstatic right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Now you have to go out and about to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that pretty!!! I love those bright colors, those playful shapes. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a "master piece". Love the bright colors, too. I'm sure you will be smiling when you are out with your lovely bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bag is fabulous! Are you taking orders now? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is absolutely gorgeous I also like the pre felted look as well, it has inspired me to think about making one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out brilliantly! And it's stunning, everyone who sees it is going to want to know where you got it!
    I'm still too frightened to felt though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful result, Steph! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! lovely bag...Can I pleeeeeeeease have it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! So glad I found you...new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blog !!

    I became a folloer

    Marjo

    ReplyDelete