Sunday, April 17, 2011

A productive Sunday afternoon

So winter came back today.  It actually snowed for a few minutes.  Being a lifelong Michigander, you'd think I wouldn't bat an eyelash at this, but I wanted to cry.  I am so sick of winter and dreary weather!

There was nothing and I mean nothing short of a disaster that was going to get me out of my apartment today, so I had to find something to do.  I made some cute dishcloths that I found on a lovely blog called Cozy Things:

Pattern can be found here: Primrose Dishcloth

Then I made a most interesting pin cushion.
That pattern can be found here: Auntie Wainwright's 1-2-3 Pin Cushion.


Throughout the day, I also worked on my sewing box inspired granny blanket.  Sixty-eight squares done and thirty to go!  It looks so much nicer now that I remade the squares with green in them.  The new green looks fabulous!


The old squares will not go to waste, though.  They will be made into a pillow.  Pictures of that soon.  Well, back to work while I'm still feeling inspired.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone!





4 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy!
    I am from Michigan too(a lifer also), and it was snowing last night and driving my southern-wanna-be hubby crazy, but I laughed and took pictures!!!
    Those dishcloths are so pretty!!!
    And your blanket is looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, madam! I woke up to 2" of the white stuff on the ground today. I'm gonna go cry now...:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well, we had rain, sleet, ice pellets and snow yesterday with a high of 2C! I want spring!!
    Love the dishcloths-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dishcloths are beautiful, and thank you so much for the link! I'm loving your granny blanket, and I can't wait to see it finished.

    I'm a native Michigander myself *fist pump* so I feel ya about the snow. Ugh. But spring is coming. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete