Sunday, April 24, 2011

The sewing is about to begin!

After much back and forth, and some more back and forth, the handles are now attached and the pieces arranged into something pleasing to my eye.  Being that this is Easter Sunday and there are festivities planned, I'll probably not have the assembly completed today as I had hoped.  At least that gives me one more day to avoid the inevitable felting!  That part still makes me nervous, no matter the amount of encouragement and excellent advice I have received since yesterday.  Thanks ladies! 

The bag with curlicues:
 Now the leaves:
 And the roses:

I was really unsure of the clementine orange, but it really has added a nice contrast to the other colors.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! It's looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have YET to try a felted bag. I keep looking at patterns and wondering if I could do it. If I mess up, that's a LOT of yarn to waste.

    Yours looks great - and great colors! Can't wait to see the finished bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is going to be gorgeous you are doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is pretty -- I love those colors and can't wait to see it when it's all felted up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling the felt! Yes, do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete