Saturday, April 23, 2011

A soon-to-be brand new bag(lots of pics)

I have yet another bag in the works.  This one takes me a bit out of my comfort zone because instead of just whipping it up with good old Red Heart Super Saver, this one is 100% wool!  Yes, my first felting project is on it's way.  The pieces are finished and waiting to be assembled.  My apprehension at doing the actual felting process is holding me back from adding another FO to the list for 2011.  I know that it's not the end of the world if it doesn't come out perfect, but what if it gets ruined in the washer and is completely unusable?  All that beautiful yarn wasted!  Well, it wouldn't be the first time a project has been trashed and I'm sure it will happen again so on with the assembly!

The pattern:  Rose Garden Tote

The yarn:  Stitch Nation Full O' Sheep in Plummy, Thyme, Meadow, Honeycomb, Clementine, Peony, and Poppy.


The pieces of the bag to be:
 Currently measures 21" wide and 19" tall in its unfelted state.

The leaves and flowers:



I'm going to take my time putting this together because I don't have much experience working with pure wool and I really want this to be a thing of beauty.  Not that I doubt my finishing skills, which are pretty sharp, it's that this is one of those projects that mean more than others.  And with that, I'll call it a night!  Enjoy your Easter Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure your bag will be beautiful! I've made several felted bags over the years, and they've all turned out great. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane! I just wouldn't be me if I didn't blow something out of proportion. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see the bag and I am sure it will be a master piece, just love the colours that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've admired that pattern so often, but, like you, I don't dare "deliberately" ruin a perfectly good piece of knitting! - just can't bring myself to do it, when I've spent 55 years being terribly careful to NOT felt wool.
    So I am looking forward to yours, with great anticipation, I will enjoy it vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Betcha it'll be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete