Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daydreaming of butterflies...

Spring can get here anytime now. Three weeks ago would have been nice. Is it obvious that I can't wait for the warm weather to return? My thoughts have turned to butterflies and one adorable little edging in particular:
It comes from a vintage tatting book The Tatting Book book 111 published by the Spool Cotton Company 1938.  You can find the picture on page six and the directions on page 8, Edging No. 8133.  For some reason, I don't really like the way the pattern is written so I'm tweaking it a bit more to my tastes. Once I get that worked out, I'll do it again in size 80(my favorite!) and attach it to a linen center.  The thread shown is Olympus 40.

I've been trying to get my scanner issues worked out, but alas, it is dying a slow death.  The scanner bar itself is just shutting down.  I managed to get the scan of the little edging using a bit of creative placement and  cutting.  Just to see how bad it is, I scanned the 'Jubiloso' doily, which was tatted in size 80.  It's only eight inches or so. So dainty.

 An entire 1½ inches of the scanner bar is dead, the color is washed out,  and there are fading lines running throughout.   Oh well, now I know why that print/scan/copy machine was on sale for $50!  You get what you pay for!


8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, the edging is adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet doily and I love the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonky scanner or not the tatting is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your butterfly edging in such pretty colors!!! And your doily is so dainty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the butterfly edging it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice edging. Your tatting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tatting - in spite of the scanner!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete