Friday, February 17, 2012

Gina

What a dear friend we've all lost. Her blog was THE blog I read religiously. Her monthly mystery motif was how I first got to know her. I had just started my blog and didn't know how to break the ice with everyone so I just jumped in on her challenge and she responded! That made my day!


It was through Gina that I learned the joys of hairpin lace and Romanian point lace. That's her HPL fan pattern. My favorite bookmark.


I'll miss her terribly and will forever kick myself for missing the chance to meet her face to face. She invited me to Lafayette Lacers Lace Day back in 2010, but I couldn't make it. I've been so touched by all the love for Gina I've seen these past few days around Tatland. So for her I add my tribute, Gina's Netted Heart:

I just wish she could be here to see it. Peace to Gina's family. Forever in my thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Really great pieces of tatting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Steph,
    Thank you so much for posting Gina's Netted Heart.

    I was sad to realize that I had never tatted any of her patterns, but when I saw your heart I flew to my tatting box, and yes! There is a pretty little purple, pink and green netted heart. I DID tat one of her patterns. I would not have remembered if I had not read your lovely tribute.
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fox! I love mignonette stitch and have had this on my to-do list for a long time. I do believe you blogged about attempting this heart at one time. Such a sad reason to have finally gotten around to it. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your netted heart is perfection, I have to make one now, for Gina.
    I think we all need to be telling our tatting friends how much they mean to us...and that includes me to you, my special friend.

    ReplyDelete